Kröger, Wolfgang Prof. Dr.
- Providing methods and data suitable to model, analyze/simulate and optimize complex engineered systems/critical infrastructures in the energy, transportation and ICT domain, and interdependencies among them, regarding reliability/availability, risk and vulnerability.
- Developing a framework for comprehensive risk and vulnerability analysis and related management strategies as well as tools for decision making processes.
- Putting the understanding and management of technological transborder risks into a broader context and promoting international activities such as the International Risk Governance Council following a trans-sectorial and multi-disciplinary approach. Supporting the establishment of the ETH Risk Center and its outreach activities including a research program on Future Resilient Systems in Singapore.
- Giving advice to governmental and private organizations, in particular on energy assessment and policy issues and nuclear safety matters.
- Most recent publications address vulnerability analysis of engineered critical infrastructures (book journals) as well as security of energy supply and the role of nuclear power (contributions to books).